Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Ides of Pork 3.15.11


Justin: So Stacey found a very nice new butcher shop after a 5 mile run with our friend Sharon on Sunday and she brought home 2 very nice (huge) bone-in porkchops. I fixed them tonight.

Rubbed the chops with olive oil, heavy pepper, heavy garlic salt and chopped rosemary. Put them in a hot pan with a couple of tablespoons of hot olive oil and let them cook for 5 minutes on each side, adding
more rosemary with each flip. After the 10 mins I made sure they were nicely crispy and done and moved them to a plate with a couple of towels to rest.

Meanwhile I had 2 potatoes finishing in the oven. They started before the chops in the microwave for 10 minutes and I removed them and cut off their tops so I could dig out the middle. I had already fixed the
bacon before starting anything else, so it was drained and I crumbled two of the 3 pieces I made into a bowl with butter, the potato middles, cheddar cheese, pepper, NO SALT ( the bacon gave that),
chives, and some milk since I had no sour cream. I whipped all that together and then piled back into the taters to top with more cheese and the bits of the third piece of bacon then into the oven for a few
minutes. They finished up about as the chops finished resting and that cleared up the oven to use the broiler to finish off the crostinis. The steamed broccoli finished up about the same time after being in the
microwave under film in a bowl with water and butter and pepper for 9 minutes or so.


I'm finding that I'm beginning to really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. Combine that with photographing a pretty plate and well, it's just fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment